Friday, December 30, 2005

Breakfast of Champions

When I was growing up, every Christmas my parents would give us a giant bag of peanut M&Ms in our stockings. Apart from the new coloring book and crayons, this was my biggest delight. My Dad still gives us this treasure except times are different now. Not that I don't need to eat them for "fat body" reasons, it's that I now have a son with a peanut allergy. We can't even have plain M&Ms because there is a peanut "warning" on the package. My poor son deals with this with as much grace as any 6 year old boy would when he can't have a treat like everyone else.

About these delightful little goodies, as you can see from the Christmas packaging I received these again this year despite my Dad knowing about my son's allergy. And guess what I did? Despite my knowing my son's allergy, I ate these bad boys for breakfast (in hiding of course).

I had to get rid of them some how.

8 comments:

Badoozie said...

do you have an insensitive father, or a forgettful father. cause it seems he doesn't know you very well. i realize this is tradition, but does he realize you're a healthy person now, and your son is allergic? what if your son got into them when you weren't looking, not that he would, but there is always that fear. i guess i'm pretty overly sensitive to peoples motives. i'm sure your dad meant well, but still people sometimes have to abandon tradition, for the sake of the persons involved. forgive me, i'm not slamming on your father, i don't even know the man, i'm sure he's a lovely person. i just know about the peanut thing, and it's darn scary.

Aunt Jo said...

On behalf of your son, thank you for eating the m&m's. Next time call ME. I don't have anyone who has allergies at my house and I love m&ms. :o)

I usually put deodorant in Joe's stocking. PEEEEYOOOOOO

heehee

Badoozie said...

putting deoderant in someones stocking is sick and wrong. it's right up there with an apple, or an orange. or some toothpaste, or some tampons. you are kidding right? it is a joke right?

anne, did you know aunt joe is outside on her lunchbreaks pirating someones wireless signal to post to our blogs? shall we pray for her?

Aunt Jo said...

You better watch it girl. JOe thinks my goofy stocking sutffers are funny. Anyway, I think he started it......I usually put a new toothbrush in everyones stocking, but didn't this year bcoz the girls just went to the dentist and got new ones.



Yes please pray for me! I am getting blogitis and insomnia from staying up to read these silly things.

Aunt Jo said...

You better watch it girl. JOe thinks my goofy stocking sutffers are funny. Anyway, I think he started it......I usually put a new toothbrush in everyones stocking, but didn't this year bcoz the girls just went to the dentist and got new ones.



Yes please pray for me! I am getting blogitis and insomnia from staying up to read these silly things.

Aunt Jo said...

in stereo!!

Badoozie said...

oh annnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee


where are you, did the mess swallow you up?

Anne said...

You girls are soooooooooo silly!

Susie - yes, I have an insensitive father. Long story.

I took another picture of my kitchen today - it's pretty scary. Maybe I will share after I take my brave pills.