Friday, May 04, 2007

It's Oaks Day

We have typical Kentucky Derby weather today and the same is expected tomorrow for the big race - 75 degrees and RAIN.

Our day tomorrow will consist of feable attempts to grill burgers and brats between rain showers, drawing horses out of a basket before each race, eating, gorging, and eating again. Oh, and a house full of people.
The picture to the right is the design of this year's Derby pin - one of five different colors. Since I've been out of the loop for a while when it comes to Derby festivities, I can't figure out why there are so many pins. It used to be ONE pin per year. If you were wearing your pin you got in the events for free. There was also a special "gold" pin - if you lucked into one of those you were eligible to win a car. I have several pins from WAY back. I need to take the time to gather them into one place. But, in the end, it's just a piece of plastic.
Have fun Taters!

5 comments:

KingJaymz said...

Happy Derby Day!

Henny Penny said...

Happy Derby Day!

I didn't even know there was a pin. Let alone pins! We are in the hills of the state, not the bluegrass part.

Suzy-Q said...

Derbylicious!

I want a brat with lots of saurkraut and hot mustart please. Do you deliver??

Anne said...

KJ - Thanks.

Woman - You're not missin' much. We have a new preacher from Florida and he's wondering what all the fuss is about around these parts.

AJ - Wish I COULD deliver. I had several tastey burgers - I love a burger off the grill.

~Jennifer said...

Tagged ya, sorry. ;-)