Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Meatloaf Beatloaf

"Meatloaf, beatloaf" - one of my many favorite quotes from "A Christmas Story", which, by the way, I haven't seen in a long time. As I've mentioned before, we don't have satellite tv or cable - just rabbit ears. So, we don't get to see very much unless it's on one of the major networks.

Oh well, meatloaf. We had meatloaf for dinner tonight - it was easy. I already had some thawed dead ground cow in the fridge ready to be whipped up into something fantastic for digesting. I think I would make a great vegetarian - I'm getting to the point of not liking meat very much. I usually buy Laura's Lean beef - not because it's lean but because it's clean. No antibiotics or hormones in the meat. But, sometimes I'm forced to buy the "chub-a-beef" as a friend of mine refers to it. The big long tube of ground dead cow. It just doesn't seem right does it?

Back to the meatloaf. My mom used to put chopped up chunks of green pepper in her meatloaf. So, that's the way I tried to make it before hubby dear stomped on the brakes. He's not a big fan of green peppers cooked in food. I'm like that when it comes to green olives. Ooooooooo, they ruin the whole dish (or pizza). All I can taste is the green olive - it only takes one! Now I make it simple - I put egg(s), catsup, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic. After I shape the loaf, I cover the top with catsup and bake at 350 for an hour or more. We like the bottom to get a little crispy - I bake it in an iron skillet.

Check out The Meatrix.




Another picture taken by my littleness.

These are my shoes. I tend to kick them off in my bedroom just outside the bathroom door. The pile can get pretty big. I know it's time to pick them up when hubby trips over them in the morning trying to get to and from the bathroom in the dark.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I remember the gristle! My parents made me eat all of it too. I don't do that to my kids.