Friday, April 03, 2009

Recovery update...

So. It's been a while but at least the horrid pain is gone and I can walk around and have the appearance of a normal person. I have discovered that we need a new bed. During the recovery I noticed I was having better days than nights - having to pop hydrocodone all hours of the night just to get to morning. When I decided to sleep down the hall in my son's hard bed (he has a full/twin bunk) I started to get better and finally able to make it through the night without meds - actually SLEEPING.

For several years now, I and the kids have been seeing a chiropractor pretty much once a month for regular adjustments - I am sooooo glad I knew about him when this injury happened. When I told him I was having so much trouble at night in our bed and then saw improvement when I quit sleeping in it, he mentioned he wouldn't doubt the bed had been bringing this problem on - weakening my back.

So, it looks like we're about to buy a Sleep Number bed - a king sized one at that. It's not going to be easy on the wallet either - there goes the tax refund. Every person I've talk to who has one of those beds says they wouldn't buy anything else. I would think these beds are great when you have two people sleeping in the same bed and both have different comfort needs.

Anyway, I would love to hear your opinions, if you have any, about the Sleep Number beds.

4 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

HUG. (A really gentle one)

Fred said...

No experience with a sleep number bed. I read the post on the injury...who would've thought? You should sue for mental anguish...you'll get more money. :)

Well, I do hope you feel better, Anne. Time to play board games.

Anne said...

Mahem - thanks!

Fred - It's pretty embarrassing to tell people I hurt my back playing the Wii Fit.

Bee said...

I just read the top post and followed with this one.

New beds, period, make good sleeping. Highly under-rated. I'd love to hear what you think of your new bed. We are about ready to spring for one. (pun intended)