Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is what we see at the gate of our local penitentiary almost every year. They start off with the roll just before Halloween and attach black drain tubes off each side making it look like a spider. They then change it out for a turkey and I'm pretty sure there is a Christmas one - I guess we'll see.

Anyway, my kids just love seeing this every year when the holidays roll around. We have to pass it whenever we're heading out of our little town to the nearest interstate connection. You can see the sun going down in the back and the spire from the pen.

Hopy everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving celebration. Don't eat too much. RIGHT!! :)

5 comments:

Fred said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Anne. I hope you and your family are having a great holiday!

Whistle Britches said...

please send leftover to:

Uncle Joe
Green Country
America


The post office knows me.

Anne said...

I ate way too much pie!

Bee said...

That is craziness.

But not as crazy as me.

I hope you had an outstanding Thanksgiving. :)

Foo said...

Very creative, but I think what makes the picture is the contrast of the whimsical decoration with the penitentiary in the background.