Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bit by Bit

Remember the lines out of the movie Broadcast News years ago?:

Aaron Altman (played by Albert Brooks) is talking to best friend Jane Craig (Holly Hunter) about her new love interest.

Aaron: "You can't end up with Tom, because it totally goes against everything that you're about. I know you care about him ... so don't get me wrong when I tell you that Tom, while being a very nice guy, is the devil."

Jane (disgusted): "This isn't friendship -- you're crazy, you know that?"

Aaron (defensively): "What do you think the devil is going to look like if he's around? C'mon, nobody's going to be taken in by a guy with a long, red, pointed tail ... c'mon, what's he going to sound like? 'AAARRRGGGHHH'?"

"No ... he'll be attractive, he'll be nice and helpful, he'll get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation. He'll never do an evil thing ... never deliberately hurt a living thing. He'll just bit by little bit lower our standards where they're important ... just pokes along, flash over substance ... he personifies everything you've been fighting against."

by Matt Friedeman

4 comments:

Fred said...

Good line from that movie? "I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it any more!"

Okay, so I cleaned it up a bit.

Doozie said...

I don't remember that movie, so therefore, I will rent it

Whistle Britches said...

There are games afoot!
Come on over!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's why the devil is really SCARY.