Monday, August 13, 2007

You Tell On Yourself

I received this via e-mail while I was out of town. I thought it was well worth sharing.

You tell on yourself by the friends you seek,
By the very manner in which you speak,
By the way you employ your leisure time,
By the use you make of dollar and dime.
You tell what you are by the things you wear,
By the spirit in which your burdens you bear,
By the kind of things at which you laugh,
By the records you play on the phonograph.
You tell what you are by the way you walk,
By the things of which you delight to talk,
By the manner in which you bear defeat,
By so simple a thing as how you eat.
By the books you choose from the well-filled shelf,
In these ways and more, you tell on yourself.
-- Author Unknown

6 comments:

Henny Penny said...

VERY nice! :o)

How was the show?

Anonymous said...

That is so true.

Anonymous said...

I'm in pretty big trouble

Anne said...

Penny - the show was good but my friend who had the video camera cut my head off in a lot of it.

Lawanda - Isn't it.

Doozer - What's new? You're always in big trouble.

Suzy-Q said...

I love this!

It sounds like something my mother would say, but it is so true.

Dapoppins said...

this is why I hide my books....if you only knew!