Somehow I didn't think this weekend's assignment from Suzie Badoozie was going to involve showing the world our microwaves and actaully, I'm glad it was that and not something else. I will not give away my true weaknesses here but for some reason, my microwave is NOT.
I remember our first microwave back in my youth. It was as big as a console television set and somehow we managed to find a place on our countertop for it. Our first micro-treat, microwave popcorn. No, that wasn't around then but we used brown lunch bags with a little bit of butter and a scoop of kernals. Not sure how long it took but it was fantistic to us. My mom's favorite snack was, and is, popcorn.
We had that microwave for a LONG time. It would ALWAYS have hidious food chunks dangling from the roof. Any person in their right mind would be afraid of hunky chunky chunks falling into our warmed up soup or chili. I have a friend who used to sell Pampered Chef and she said it was so awful to go to someone's house to do a show and the microwaves be full of food spatter.
I take great care to cover my food in the microwave to keep down the mess and I'm quick to clean it up IF something gets out of line. I DO NOT use plastic wrap in the microwave or any type of plastic. Only glass. Maybe I will post about that in the future. Just remember the word Dioxin.
Okay, here it is and NO, I did NOT clean it before taking the picture.